Protecting a family’s assets through attentive and thorough estate planning is the best way to ensure the family’s long-term interests are well taken care of and emergencies avoided. It is a common mistake to avoid making estate plans altogether or to neglect to periodically update estate plans when a family’s needs or situations change. Without a good estate plan, assets could be lost, or avoidable court costs could erode the value of the estate. The Settle Law Firm offers a variety of estate planning documents, as well as flat fee estate packages, to meet any family’s needs.
Some of the most common documents that The Settle Law Firm provides in the area of estate planning include:
- Wills, including pour-over wills
- Durable and medical powers of attorney
- Declarations of guardianship for oneself and one’s children
- Directives to physicians (living wills)
- Revocable and irrevocable trusts
- Appointment for disposition of remains
- Planning deeds, including ladybird and transfer on death deeds
Many people find that creating an estate plan brings the peace of mind that comes from knowing they have taken care of this important task. The attorneys and staff at The Settle Law Firm are sensitive to the needs of the firm’s clients. They create estate plans that are custom tailored to fit each family’s unique situation.
If you want experienced legal assistance in the greater Dallas area to create an estate plan that is right for you and your family, contact The Settle Law Firm at its office in Murphy, Texas, for the help that you need.