Jnana Settle is the managing attorney of The Settle Law Firm. She lives and works in Murphy, Texas, with her husband and children. Since opening her firm in May 2017, she has focused exclusively on providing legal services in the areas of real estate, business law, and estate planning.
- Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas, Juris Doctorate
- University of Hawaii, Oahu, Hawaii, B.A. in Political Science
Presentations and Publications:
- Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section (REPTL) Reporter, State Bar of Texas | Landlord-Tenant Law Editor, Quarterly Law Updates | Spring 2015 – Current
- Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section (REPTL) Reporter, State Bar of Texas | What Every Lawyer Should “Frankly” Know about Mortgages and the Dodd-Frank Act | Volume 53, No. 3, 2015.
- American Bar Association Section of Litigation | The Woman Advocate | Five Terms to Consider When Negotiating Settlement Agreements | Volume 21, No. 4, 2016.
- Evictions in Texas – The Basics Every Agent Should Know | Presentation to Kanam Realty Group | January 8, 2018
- Affidavits of Heirship, Muniments of Title, and Powers of Attorney | Presentation to ERA iRealty Group | January 24, 2018
- Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section (REPTL) Reporter, State Bar of Texas | Let’s Give ‘Em Something to TODD About – Should We Really Be Signing the Praises of the Texas Transfer on Death Deed? | Volume 56, No. 2, 2018.
- Estate Planning 101 | Presentation to This Side UP! Family, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization | October 19, 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- This Side UP! Family (a 501(c)(3) non-profit) – Board of Advisors since April 2015
- Local Bar Services Committee of The State Bar of Texas – Committee member since May 2017
- Texas Real Estate Lawyers – Texas bar association, online administrator since 2017
- Texas Lawyers – Texas bar association, member since 2016
- Murphy Farms Homeowners’ Association – Board of Directors since May 2018
- Murphy Chamber of Commerce – Board of Directors (beginning January 2020)